Skip to main content
I'll be updating this blog as I go, so be forewarned, things will probably get switched around over time.  This is some recent work I've done over my time at USU:



This work is from one of an original story entitled after the character above, Agua Chica, set in the Gulf of Mexico.  These renderings were part of a series of assignments for my very first class in digital illustration.  This class helped me make considerable strides in Photoshop (up till then I've been more familiar with traditional mediums like gouache, oils, and acrylic).  For the final project I came up with some panels from a climactic scene of this story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Mauritius" Costume Design

From the Agua Chica project I had reached a turning point in regards to digital media, and I decided to primarily render in Photoshop for the costume design of Mauritius , a play USU's theatre department put on this fall.
This study from a photograph is one of the first oils I've ever done while in a painting class this past spring.  Here's another (study from an online source): And another: I have learned to love the dynamic qualities of working in oil and I can see why so many artists choose to work in this medium.  However I have recently found myself drawn more into digital art, primarily Photoshop. One of the earliest works I did in Photoshop was a poster for the play, The Woman in Black  by Susan Hill.  Even in my novice experiences with digital art I appreciated the potential for versatility and desired to master this software. This one, entitled American, Inc. , was done for a 2-D art class.  Pop art has always fascinated me in its exploration of our multi-faceted culture through symbolism, appropriation, and ironic juxtaposition.  This piece primarily centers around two iconic representations of our American collective consciousness: Marilyn and good ol'

Anthromorph has moved!

The Anthromorph mini-webcomic I'm working on has moved to http://rufusmantra.wix.com/anthromorph . It will be a better format for reading.  The site wix.com has been pretty user friendly, and it's free.  Hard to beat that.  Check out what's been uploaded so far on the webcomic as it continues as a work in-progress!